Are you a homeowner in Chester County, PA, considering getting siding installation done or replacing the vinyl siding of your home? If so, replacing vinyl siding with James Hardie board siding might be the right choice for you. While vinyl siding is a popular and cost-effective choice for many homeowners, it might not always be the best option in terms of durability and aesthetics.
James Hardie board is fiber cement siding that’s been gaining popularity for its durability and stylish appearance.
In this post, we will explain why you should consider replacing your vinyl siding with James Hardie board siding and guide you through the siding installation process, offering tips to help you find the right contractor to complete the job.
Vinyl Siding vs. James Hardie Board
|Vinyl Siding||James Hardie Board|
|Homes have been using vinyl siding, a plastic-based exterior material, for many years.
It is well-liked for its availability in a variety of colors and styles, affordability, and ease of upkeep.
|Fiber cement siding called James Hardie Board is renowned for being strong, long-lasting, and resistant to damage from fire, pests, and the elements.
It has a feel and appearance that resembles natural wood since it is composed of a combination of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers.
Benefits of Replacing Vinyl Siding with James Hardie Board
Enhanced Curb Appeal and Value
A notable advantage of replacing vinyl siding with James Hardie board is increased value and curb appeal. James Hardie board can help raise the value of your property, as it gives a house a more premium, high-end appearance because of its natural-looking texture and appearance.
Increased Durability and Lifespan
People recognize James Hardie board for its durability and resilience against fire, pests, and weather damage. Due to its extended lifespan and low need for replacement, it is a good long-term investment for homeowners in Chester County, PA.
Improved Energy Efficiency
Swapping vinyl siding for James Hardie board can help increase energy efficiency. Since Hardie board siding is thicker than vinyl siding, it retains more energy and, consequently, keeps heating and cooling expenses low.
Lower Maintenance Requirements
Vinyl siding might be low-maintenance, but it can still require regular cleaning, painting, and occasional repairs or replacement. James Hardie board, on the other hand, is known for its durability and resistance to damage, which means it requires less maintenance over time.
The Siding Installation Process
Preparation Steps Before Installation
Before installing James Hardie board siding, it is crucial to complete a number of essential preparation tasks. These measures are vital to ensure the correct installation and long-lasting durability of the siding.:
- On the home’s exterior, take off any siding that is currently there.
- After the old siding has been taken off, check for moisture damage, stucco damage, or decay in the house’s walls or framing. A qualified contractor with the ability to spot potential problems, like Precision Contracting Services, might be needed.
Process of Hardie Board Siding Installation
The process of installing Hardie Board siding calls for thorough planning, close attention to detail, and the use of appropriate equipment and supplies. Here is how to install James Hardie board siding in Chester County, PA step-by-step:
- Calculate the required amount of siding by measuring: Measuring the quantity of James Hardie board siding required for the project is the first step in the installation process. This ensure the project will remain within budget and that there will be enough supplies for the installation.
- Install moisture barrier: Following the removal of the old siding and preparation of the area, a moisture barrier needs to be put in place. This ensures that you adequately seal the siding and prevent water damage.
- Install trim: The trim around the windows, doors, and corners of the house must be installed after the moisture barrier has been put in place. This will give the siding a more polished appearance and guarantee that it is straight.
- Install the siding: James Hardie board siding can be installed after the trim is put in place. To accomplish this, you will use screws or nails to fasten the siding to the house, ensuring appropriate alignment during the installation of James Hardie board. Leaving sufficient space between it and the house to accommodate for expansion and contraction.
Key Considerations During Hardie Board Installation
The following are some of the most essential things to remember:
- Accurate cutting and measuring are essential to make sure that the siding fits correctly and looks good. To cut the material, use a saw made exclusively for cutting fiber cement siding.
- While installing James Hardie board siding, it’s important to use the right fasteners for the nails and screws.
- Leave enough room for the siding to expand and contract. Due to temperature variations, this will avoid eventual warping or splitting.
- Sealing is essential to prevent moisture from penetrating behind the siding.
- By minimizing moisture buildup, maintaining proper ventilation will help the siding last for many years.
- Proper installation of accessories is essential for a finished appearance and to avoid moisture buildup.
Finding the Right Contractor for the Job
When replacing your vinyl siding with James Hardie board siding, it is essential to hire a professional siding contractor for the job. Hiring the right contractor guarantees a correct, timely, and budget-friendly job in Chester County, PA.
When selecting a contractor in Chester County, PA, consider their experience, reputation, and credentials. Consider checking online reviews and testimonials.
Taking the time to find the right contractor will ensure that your siding installation project goes smoothly.
Siding Contracting in Chester County, PA
If you are considering replacing your vinyl siding with James Hardie board in Chester County, PA, Precision Contracting Services is the contractor to trust. Our team of professionals will help you through the whole process, from choosing the right siding to completing the final installation.
We deliver exceptional service and quality workmanship, and we commit to ensuring that your home looks beautiful for years to come. Contact us to learn more about enhancing the value and curb appeal of your home.
Want to learn more about installing James Hardie Board in Chester County, PA? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Remodeling Your Luxury Home.