James Hardie fiber cement siding has been growing in popularity for years, and for good reason. It provides increased strength, durability, and design innovation, making this siding material a powerhouse product. Stylish, modern, and traditional styles are all readily available, which is why Pennsylvania contractors see an incredible uptick in fiber cement siding installation.
If you’re considering fiber cement siding for your next home or commercial building project, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the nitty-gritty details and explore the design options and possibilities. It is one of the few modern building materials that deliver perfect performance for function and form. But is it easy to maintain, too? Here is everything you need to know about fiber cement maintenance tips in Pennsylvania.
James Hardie Siding Requires Regular Inspections
James Hardie siding is a fiber cement siding that provides your home with functionality, versatility, and value for the money. To ensure it lasts a long time, you should regularly check your siding for a various number of things, once a year, including:
- Water leaks or pools of water around the house
- Damage or warping of any boards
- James Hardie siding is insect-repelling, but it doesn’t hurt to check for any infestations
Keep Up With Exterior Home Maintenance
Fiber cement siding offers attractive benefits compared to vinyl siding, paint, wood siding, and other exterior materials. In addition to its head-turning good looks, this type of siding provides advantages. It’s incredibly durable, and if properly installed by an experienced fiber cement siding contractor, you can expect it to last for the life of your home.
In addition to regularly inspecting your fiber cement siding, it’s also imperative that you keep up with your exterior’s maintenance. A few tips on how to do this are:
- Clean up shrubs and trees making contact with the siding
- Clean out gutters regularly
- Inspect your roof for leaks, damage, or other issues causing extra wear and tear on the siding. If you need a roofing contractor to redo your roof, call us!
- It’s a good idea to use a low-pressure water spray on the exterior of your home once every two years. It will help eliminate dirt and grime.
Work With a Certified James Hardie Siding Installer in Pennsylvania
While maintaining your home’s exterior is important, working with James Hardie certified installers from the beginning is just as essential. When you do, you’ll have peace of mind that it will be installed correctly, as accredited installers go through many background and work checks to ensure they are legitimate. James Hardie also requires its certified installers to have strong insurance coverage, including on jobs up to $1,000,000. In addition, James Hardie products have full product warranties, whereas, with a DIY installation or rogue contractors, it often voids the warranties.
Benefits of James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding
Adequately installed by experienced fiber cement siding contractors in Downingtown, PA, you can expect it to last for the life of your home. From the first year James Hardie siding is installed on your home to many years later, the beauty of James Hardie siding is unrivaled. Because it’s created to stand up to the demands of nature, James Hardie’s siding stays beautiful longer, reducing the time and cost of maintenance. Some of the many benefits of fiber cement siding are:
- Eco-friendly: Comprises simple ingredients — only cellulose fibers or wood, cement, water, and sand — that are non-toxic and natural; fiber cement siding leaves less of an ecological footprint, making it better for the environment.
- Many styles and colors: Choosing the correct type of fiber cement siding is limited only to your imagination. It’s available in cedar shingles, stucco, and wood clapboards. Its color is also customizable to meet your desires.
- Resistant to various elements: Fiber cement siding is a superior exterior material for any building because it resists many of the hazards that compromise the integrity of other materials. These include moisture, fire, insects, hail, rain, and more.
- James Hardie Siding: James Hardie Siding is the industry’s number-one fiber cement siding brand. This brand is known for its 30-year warranty, showing confidence in its craftsmanship and manufacturing techniques.
Fiber Cement Siding Installation in Downingtown, PA With Precision Contracting Services
Are you looking for ‘James Hardie installers near me’? Precision Contracting Services is one of the area’s few authorized James Hardie certified installers. With our attention to detail and dedication to 100% customer satisfaction, Precision Contracting Services leads the home remodeling industry in the tri-state area. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. We’re looking forward to hearing about your project!
Want to learn more about the best siding materials for your home renovation project? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Remodeling Your Luxury Home.